korea (49) music (17) oddities (11) english (9) 한국어 (5) coffee (4) language (3) opinion (3) church (2)

Monday, November 30, 2009

good coffee

You have to understand how much instant coffee we've been drinking. Only a few days ago Lewis and I were heartily singing the praises of Maxim Gold. "It's actually not bad," I said. And it's not -not morally bad like sin or reheated coffee. But the fact is, we all know well and good that instant coffee is only a memory of coffee - the ghostlike existence of a brew that lived and died long ago. You can drink it all day long just to wind up with a coffee shaped hole in your heart or maybe stomach ulcers.

So this morning when tasted Intelligentsia for the first time in many long months, I was absolutely blown away. It was a caffeinated journey for my senses -a hike through hills of floral flavors and and valleys of nutty nuances I couldn't begin to describe. I had just one carefully rationed cup and the delightful impression it made on my palate remained with me throughout the day. Thank you ever so much, Laura. You have no idea how happy you made us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith, you are ridiculous. Glad you got some good coffee though.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

Keith, you are ridiculous. Glad you got some good coffee though.

-Chris

Em said...

I had no idea the coffee situation was THAT dire. Seriously! Send out a coffee SOS. I'll send more coffee!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how much instant coffee you've been drinking.

Also I hate to break it to you but here ... "I was absolutely blown away. It was a caffeinated journey for my senses -a hike through hills of floral flavors and and valleys of nutty nuances I couldn't begin to describe." That actually is beginning to describe it.