korea (49) music (17) oddities (11) english (9) 한국어 (5) coffee (4) language (3) opinion (3) church (2)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pepero Day and other things more important

While many among our readership are proudly and solemnly observing Veteran's Day, the Koreans have another tradition (albeit nontenured and not necessarily revered). November 11th is Pepero Day in Korea - an unabashedly commercial holiday which enables the Lotte conglomerate to cash in on the sale of Pepero.




Here's to you Kristin. I hope you have a great day, and that you don't mind too much our feeble musical tribute.

5 comments:

tyler. said...

can't speak for kristin, but i loved it.

Anonymous said...

Great guys. I especially liked the part when Lewis lost it. It was wonderful.

-Chris

Kristin said...

This is the best ever! I miss you fellas so, so much! I'm also celebrating Pepero Day here. I'll post pics soon. Thanks again!!

Em said...

I loved it, and it's not even my birthday!

I also loved the Yam Yam sticks we had here in observance of Kristin's birthday/Veterans Day/Pepero Day. I take it these are things you get to have in Korea any old non-special day -- the cookie sticks with fortunes like, "Whale. Biggesy mammal." That's so deep, I don't even know what it means. "Biggesy?" Seriously. You guys must be so profound now.

Em said...

P.S. Upon a second viewing... Keith, is this your apartment? Also, do you have a pink bedspread?