korea (49) music (17) oddities (11) english (9) 한국어 (5) coffee (4) language (3) opinion (3) church (2)

Thursday, March 18, 2010

of late


It was warm for almost days and then not anymore.

It was my second week in college. I stared coolly across the top of a blueberry Italian soda, reflecting on thoughts too deep for most people to understand.

He stopped suddenly, a sense of danger sounding through his brain like a Klaxon. There on the ground, immediately recognizable to his trained eye, was the soft shell of newly shed skin. He shuddered. The beast could be anywhere now.

2 comments:

toekneeoeeo said...

Keith,

Hey man, my name is Tony Hughes. You may remember me from Moody...anyways, I heard from Zi Hoon Park that you are teaching in Korea right now with Lewis Knudsen. Thats gotta be pretty sweet...I wanted to get in contact with you and learn more about what you are doing, who you went with, etc. My fiancee and I registered for a TEFL course and have been thinking about going to S. Korea. If you could email me and maybe we can correspond a bit more...my email is tony.r.hughes@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you man...take care!

Em said...

Yeah... the same thing happened in Chicago. Not so much with the Italian sodas and the monsters and the deep thoughts, but it was 60 degrees on Friday, and then we had a snowstorm Saturday on the first day of spring. Balls!