korea (49) music (17) oddities (11) english (9) 한국어 (5) coffee (4) language (3) opinion (3) church (2)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

education2



Twice a week the kids get to watch Mr. Rose forget song motions on the school's CC TV. Is this appropriate for children? We report, you decide.

Notably neglected was a proper address of the racial inappropriateness of this particular song.

I edited this way down because the whole thing is really long and horribly boring (ten minutes). That's my trusty and adorable co-teacher Ji-Hyun speaking Korean. Note her growing but tempered annoyance at my bungling. I've made her life exactly fourteen times more difficult.

2 comments:

Emily Mc said...

You DO kind of look like you should be reporting the news with your suits and witty banter!

As soon as you said "10 Little Indians," I about lost it. I'm going to get my kids on the rez to sing "10 Little Koreans" this summer and send you a video of THAT. :P

Tonya said...

Hello Keith,
I am very great friends with the Knudsens. I just wanted to tell you that I am following and enjoying your adventures and will be praying for you and Lewis. Thanks for all the great updates.
Your friend in Christ,
Tonya