korea (49) music (17) oddities (11) english (9) 한국어 (5) coffee (4) language (3) opinion (3) church (2)

Monday, August 22, 2011

공부법

I love using free and interesting native content to study Korean.  YTN News has the full text to a lot of their video clips, which makes it a great study resource.    

I found a free browser plugin called Freecorder which lets you capture the audio streaming from your browser.   It has a handy convert tool and a couple of different options for recording format.  I like to have the audio files on my MP3 player and listen to them after I've studied the script for a while. 

Unfortunately, if there are any buffering or timeout issues with the audio stream it will break the recording into smaller clips.  When that happens, I mix the clips together I with Audacity.  It's a hassel, but it gets the job done. 

I like to import the articles into Lingq and use that to learn the new vocabulary (requires a basic subscription to do this).  It has an embedded dictionary function which uses Google's translator.
It's far from perfect, but for me it's much easier than looking up everything in Naver.  

If you know of some better tools or resources, I'd love to hear about them.  열심히 공부합시다^^

No comments: